The Jesus - NFL Handicapper

WELCOME TO "THE JESUS NFL HANDICAPPER"'S BLOG. THIS IS THE BEGINING OF SOMETHING NEW. FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS OR SO, I HAVE BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN HANDICAPPING NFL GAMES. I AM NOW CONCENTRATING SOME OF MY EFFORTS ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. THIS BLOG WILL BE USED TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS REGARDING THIS COMING WEEKEND'S WAGERING OPPORTUNITIES AND I WILL ALSO BE POSTING 5 OR 6 WEEKLY SELECTIONS.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Week #3 Selections

Hey everyone! I already made my picks for week 3 and week 2 is not even over yet. I simply could not resist some of these off sided opening lines. I'm pretty confident that the lines on my picks will move in my favor throughout the week, thus opening the possibility of catching a middle. Now that we are 2 weeks into the season, I have gained valuable information on the teams and I will no longer shy away from taking heavy favorites. So without further ado...

NFL: Jets @ Bills -5.5... Take my beloved Bills at -5.5

Did you see how the Bills D handled the Phins today? They rushed the QB play after play and sacked Culpepper 7 times! Better yet, their run Defense was phenomenal by holding Ronnie Brown to only 70 yards on the ground. With Takeo returning to the lineup, you can expect the same results next week versus the Jets. Since the Jets have a poor running game, the Bills will be able to address pass coverage issues over the course of the week. This will be the Bills home opener and you can expect the crazy fans at the Ralph to be a factor. FYI: I will be there... Go Bills!!!

NFL: Packers @ Lions -3... Take the Lions at -3

Sorry Packer fans but your team doesn't look too good this year. Pretty sad because we all want to see Favre go out in style. His counterpart, Kitna, will take control of the ball game at home. He should walk all over the weak Green Bay secondary. Look for deep passes and many Touchdowns coming from the Lions.

Over/Under: Take the OVER 45 in the Giants-Seahawks game

Talk about Offense here. Both these team have many options on their side of the ball. This game will have 2 of the top 5 running backs in the game, excellent Q.B.'s and questionable defences. You put all that together and it gives you a very high scoring game. Go O!

College Pick of the Week: Take Notre Dame at -3.5

After a tough loss at home this week against their rival Michigan, the Irish will bounce back as they always do. I can't see this team losing back to back games. In fact, I can't see them losing a single other game this season. The 3.5 point spread will be covered easily by this strong Notre Dame Team... Go Irish!

Prime Time Game: Broncos @ Pats -5... Take the Pats at -5

As much as I would love to see the Patriots lose this game, I just can't see it happening. This Denver team will have a lot of problems running the ball at New England. Without a clear cut #1 running back, I think the Broncos will struggle all season to put points up on the board. This is somewhat strange since this has never been a problem for Denver. On the other hand, the Patriots only get better as the season goes on. Definitively a sign of experience and patience...

Tomorrow morning I will be updating my results from the week. Until then... Break your Bookie and Squish the Fish!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its ridiculous that someone thinks he is that good that he can submit his picks before week 2 is even finished... Obviouly your a rookie bettor, I demand Scot Prem Lines.

5:05 PM  
Blogger The_Jesus said...

the reason i made my picks so early is because the opening lines were way too soft... the proof is that i took Det when they were -3, now they are -7, huge probability of catching a middle

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well maybe you should become a fortune teller instead of .600 sports picker

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home